Silk Amino Acids
At TreeActiv, we’ve made it our mission to provide you with the best products that are effective and safe. It’s common for major brands to include a potentially harmful chemical or two in products these days. But say goodbye to trouble with pronouncing complicated names on product labels again. We use natural ingredients to provide you with all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy, without exposing your body to toxic chemicals.
So, What’s Up With Silk Amino Acids?
Also known as silk protein or sericin, Silk Amino Acids are protein molecules that bind silk fibers together for silkworms, hence, the name. Silk protein is a very rich source of amino acids and in fact has over 18 different amino acids. Because of their rich nutrient properties, silk aminos help reduce fine lines and eliminate signs of aging. The amino acids found in these specific protein molecules can also rejuvenate skin tone, reduce wrinkles, and hydrate skin tissues. As a hair care ingredient, silk protein is known to penetrate hair to treat damage and preserve moisture. It is no wonder then that many popular skin care and hair care products incorporate Silk Amino Acids.
Why Do We Use Silk Amino Acids In TreeActiv Products?
The amino acids have been found to have a low molecular weight, which allows them to easily penetrate the hair cuticle and the upper layers of the skin. Silk protein binds to the keratin in hair to treat damage and add a protective barrier that seals in moisture, making hair more manageable and less prone to breakage. The extra hydration also leads to increased length retention, less frizz, and softer hair. Just like with hair, Silk Amino Acids is known to bind with keratin that’s found in the skin to retain moisture, thus helping to hydrate skin. Studies have found other skincare benefits such as blocking harmful ultraviolet rays, strengthening skin’s resistance to damage, and acting as an antioxidant to prevent premature wrinkles.
TreeActiv Products That Contain Silk Amino Acids
- Coconut Silk Hair Treatment
- Bamboo Sugarcane Nourishing Hair Tonic
- Grapefruit & Lemongrass Nourishing Hair Tonic
- Lavender Nourishing Hair Tonic
Some Fun Facts About Silk Amino Acids
- Silk Amino Acids are obtained from the cocoons of silkworm
- Generally, these cocoons are retrieved by boiling the silkworms alive - but we only use cruelty-free silk amino acids at TreeActiv, so the silkworms are given the time to leave their cocoons naturally before they are collected for use
- Silk Amino Acids contain 18 different amino acids - the most predominant are serine, aspartic acid, and glycine
- Silk Amino Acids help with the skin's healing process and also helps to prevent scar formation
- Silk Amino Acids protect against harmful free radicals
- Silk Amino Acids contain strong antioxidant properties