As an eco-conscious brand, one of our goals at TreeActiv is to constantly produce effective products made of wholesome ingredients to help address our consumers' varied skin concerns. We want you to be fully aware of what goes into our products. One of our favorite ingredients to use is the tried and tested, reliable Honey (not to be confused with Honey Powder). Find out more about this awesome substance below.
What’s Up with Honey?
This sweet, viscous substance is produced mainly by bees collecting nectar from flowers. Honey is produced through the combination of regurgitation and enzymatic activities of bees and water evaporation. Bees produce honey in excess, which humans collect from honeycombs. Honey contains high amounts of fructose, glucose, and monosaccharides. It has become a staple in the human diet and in traditional medicine due to its inherent sweetness and antiseptic properties.
Why Do We Use Honey in TreeActiv Products?
Honey Helps Heal Wounds and Burns. Honey is reported to have a positive effect on wound-healing. This is great news for people undergoing acne treatment as it can speed up healing and prevent scars from forming.
Has Natural Antibacterial Properties. Honey is great for acne prevention since it fights acne-causing bacteria.
Great for Anti-Aging. Honey contains antioxidants that help fight free radicals, which may speed up skin-aging.
Helps Unclog Pores. Honey is a great ingredient for skin-cleansing as it helps to unclog and clarify pores.
Delivers Moisture to the Skin. Even when applied directly, honey can help moisturize dry and parched skin. This is one of the reasons why honey is often used as an ingredient in exfoliating products. It helps unclog and slough off impurities without leaving skin dry. It also contains traces of minerals which can be beneficial to skin health.
Which TreeActiv Products Contain Honey?
- TreeActiv Oil-Free Advanced Skin Repair Serum
- TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment
- TreeActiv Anti-Aging Matcha Mask
- TreeActiv Anti-Aging Matcha Face Wash
- TreeActiv Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion
Some Fun Facts About Honey:
- Due to its unique chemical makeup, pure Honey can last for ages. When stored and sealed properly, it can last forever. In fact, there were reports that some Honey was still found edible after being discovered in thousand-year-old Egyptian tombs.
- In order to convert nectar into Honey, bees are known to flap their wings extremely hard to extract excess moisture from the substance.
- Bees are able to break down the nectar into gluconic acid and hydrogen peroxide to create Honey, all thanks to a special enzyme in their stomachs.
- Bees fly more than 55,000 miles to collect nectar from around 2 million flowers to produce a pound of Honey.
- Not all bees produce Honey. Out of the 20,000 identified species of bees that exist, only 7 are known to make Honey.
- Honey-making isn’t exclusive to bees. Mexican Honey wasps can also produce large amounts of Honey. However, due to the flowers they prefer to visit, some of the Honey they produce can be poisonous.