Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis)
Here at TreeActiv, we are on a mission to develop products that make you feel and look amazing! To us, feeling your best is a balance of both physical and mental wellness, which means buying something you love and feeling great about it the whole way through. Our products speak for themselves, but we also want to share some awesome information on our ingredients, such as Evening Primrose Oil. It’s important to know what you are putting on your skin, and we want to share why we choose only natural ingredients.
So, What’s Up With Evening Primrose Oil?
- Evening Primrose Oil comes from the seed of a flowering plant that is native to the Americas, called the Evening Primrose plant.
- Evening Primrose Oil is commonly consumed orally, but is also available in creams for direct skin contact.
- Evening Primrose Oil has been widely used since the 1930’s for skin treatment with disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- Evening Primrose Oil is a rich source of Omega-6 essential fatty acids, which are essential for cell structure and improve elasticity of skin.
- The essential fatty acids in Evening Primrose Oil also help to regulate hormones and improve nerve functions, which also contribute to healthy breast tissue in women.
- Evening Primrose Oil is also commonly used by individuals experiencing inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis, breast pain associated with menstrual cycle, menopausal symptoms, and nerve damage from diabetes.
Why Do We Use Evening Primrose Oil In TreeActiv Products?
The oil produced from the Evening Primrose plant contains many essential fatty acids that have been known to promote healthy skin and counter skin conditions from certain skin disorders, such as eczema. Several Omega-6 essential fatty acids are found in Evening Primrose Oil, such as gamma linolenic acid, which is helpful in strengthening the protective coatings around skin cell membranes. The Evening Primrose Oil is readily supplied in a capsule form for oral ingestion, but is more commonly applied directly to the skin to heal troubled spots from the source.
Some Fun Facts About Evening Primrose Oil:
- The Evening Primrose flower gets its name from the time of day in which the flower opens up, some opening in under a minute.
- Other common names for the Evening Primrose flower are the Suncup flower and the Sundrop flower.
TreeActiv Products That Contain Evening Primrose Oil: