Jojoba Oil (simmondsia chinesis)TreeActiv is a collection of products made of the finest ingredients earth has to offer. Our goal is to provide you with the tools needed to look and feel your absolute best. With that, we feel it is necessary to share everything we know about what goes into our products and how they can improve your everyday routine and general well-being. Our fine ingredients come from all corners of the earth, each providing powerful and unique benefits to your appearance and health. Here’s what we know about Jojoba Oil and what it can do for you!
Did You Say Jojoba Oil?
- Yes! Jojoba Oil (pronounced HO- HO-BA) is extracted from the seed of the Jojoba plant, native to the southwestern region of the United States and northern Mexico.
- The Jojoba plant itself is is somewhat rare, only taking up a total of 45,000 acres of plant area in the United States.
- It was first used in cosmetics and skin products in the early 1970’s as a more efficient and morally sound alternative to whale oils.
- Jojoba Oil contains many essential vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the overall health of your skin, including vitamin E, vitamin B complex, silicon, copper, iodine, and zinc.
- Jojoba Oil is an emollient (the ability to soften and moisturize skin) with a similar chemical structure to sebum (see below), making it an excellent moisturizer that heals and protects your skin.
- Jojoba Oil’s antioxidant and antibacterial properties will battle unwanted free radicals and toxins found in your skin.
How Your Skin Could Benefit From Jojoba Oil.
Microscopic glands in our skin, known as sebaceous glands, produce what is known as sebum. Sebum is an oily substance that acts as a natural moisturizer. As our bodies grow older, we produce less sebum and our skin becomes dry and in need of a substitute. Luckily, we have found this replacement in the oil extracted from the seed of a flowering desert plant - Jojoba! The chemical architecture of Jojoba Oil is extraordinarily similar to that of the sebum our skin naturally creates.This allows Jojoba Oil to moisturize your skin without clogging your pores. Dry skin can lead to acne, razor burn, peeling, and even dandruff! High levels of vitamin E and other essential minerals, like iodine, allow Jojoba Oil to protect you from dry skin while providing you with the nutrients you need. These compounds help promote healthy skin and slow down the process of aging. Another benefit of Jojoba Oil is that it is a polyunsaturated wax, making it healthier than many other vegetable oils commonly used in skin products.
TreeActiv Products That Contain Jojoba Oil:
Fun Facts About Jojoba Oil!
- While the Jojoba plant is native to the southwestern desert, it is also farmed in Israel and Argentina.
- The Jojoba plant can grow to be over 15 feet tall and 200 years old.