Lemongrass Essential Oil (cymbopogon)
TreeActiv is here to seek out the finest ingredients nature has to offer and optimize them in products you love. We feel that it’s important to share the information we have found on these fine ingredients to allow you to be the judge on which TreeActiv products will be the best for you. Lemongrass Essential Oil has many great benefits that keep you performing at the top of your game. Here’s what we know about Lemongrass Essential Oil, enjoy!
So, What Is The Deal With Lemongrass Essential Oil?
- Lemongrass Essential Oil is extracted from the leaves of lemongrass through steam distillation.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil has a mild and sweet aroma with subtle earthy tones that can stimulate the mind and ease anxiety.
- Lemongrass belongs to the Poaceae grass family and is native to tropical and subtropical areas of southwest Asia.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil is packed full of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, and C. It’s also a great source for essential minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc, and iron.
- Historically, Lemongrass is known as “fever grass” for its antipyretic properties and ability to break fevers.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil’s main compounds are myrcene, citronellal, geranyl, acetate, nerol, geraniol, neral, limonene, and citra. These constituents will promote nutrient intake and leave you with clean and healthy skin.
What Will Lemongrass Essential Oil Do For Your Skin Or Hair?
Lemongrass Essential Oil has many properties that make it highly beneficial to the health of your skin. Lemongrass acts as a natural toner that cleans and strengthens your skin. Its abundance of iron will promote healthy, smooth skin, while its antioxidant properties sterilizes your pores to minimize breakouts. Lemongrass Essential Oil is packed with limonene and other compounds that help your skin effectively process nutrients and promote cell turnover. Lemongrass Essential Oil also has astringent qualities that have been proven to strengthen hair follicles, giving you a full and healthy head of hair!TreeActiv Products That Contain Lemongrass Essential Oil: Fun Facts About Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Because of its high citronellal content, Lemongrass Essential Oil can act as an all natural insect repellent
- Lemongrass Essential Oil contains the compound luteolin, which is a known combatant of cancer!
- Lemongrass’ scientific name is cymbopogon, which comes from the greek words “kyme” - meaning boat, and “pogon”- meaning beard.