What is Crepey Skin?
Crepey skin is a common condition that happens as we age. When the skin on your face, arms, and hands starts to lose volume, it begins to appear loose and saggy. Crepey skin gives the appearance of lots of condensed wrinkles, and tends to be thin and fragile. Unlike other facial wrinkles like crow's feet and frown lines, which are associated with repetitive facial movements, crepey skin happens when the epidermis and dermis (the two outer layers of skin) start to thin and become more susceptible to damage.
A good crepey skin repair treatment can help smooth and strengthen skin and recapture elasticity.
Here are 5 reasons you need crepey skin repair treatment:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brighten skin texture.
- Increase collagen production.
- Hydrate your skin.
- Accelerate cell turnover.
What Causes Crepey Skin?
In addition to aging, there are a number of other causes of crepey skin:
- Sun Damage: You've probably heard for years how important it is to protect your skin from sun damage, and for good reason. In addition to putting you at high risk for skin cancer, sun damage is one of the most common causes of crepey skin. The UV rays that come from sun exposure break down the collagen and elastin in our skin, which keeps it tight and free from wrinkles. When these fibers break down, it causes the skin to become loose, thin, and wrinkled.
- Genetics: Part of what makes up our skin type is genetics, so if you have family members who are prone to crepey skin, you may be, too.
- Smoking: Smoking wreaks havoc on our bodies, and that includes our skin health, too. Smoking impairs blood flow and damages our skin collagen, which leads to skin damage and visible signs of aging.
- Poor Diet: If your diet lacks sufficient vitamins and nutrients, it can affect your skin health and skin elasticity, causing delicate, loose skin.
- Moisture Loss: Moisture loss is another leading cause of giving our skin that crepe paper loss. As we age, we are more susceptible to dry skin.
- Rapid Weight Loss: Rapid changes in weight, such as after pregnancy or after a sufficient amount of weight loss, causes the skin to become saggy and breaks down the elastic fibers that keep our skin firm.
So what can you do to ensure healthy skin and regain a youthful appearance? Use the right skin care products! A good crepey skin repair treatment can increase skin thickness, repair elastin fibers, and leave you with healthy-looking skin.
When looking for a good solution to crepey skin, look for active ingredients like hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, or hydroxy acids to deeply hydrate the skin and boost elastin production. Other things to look for include products with all-natural moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera that will penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and improve the appearance of skin texture.
TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment contains all natural ingredients and no harmful chemicals, so it's great for long-term use on all skin types, including sensitive skin. It can be used on facial skin as well as the neck, arms, legs, or anywhere else that you find yourself needing firmer skin.
Here are some benefits you can expect from TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment:
1. Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles
A good skincare product not only improves the look of your skin but will also treat the underlying causes of things like wrinkles and fine lines and leave you with healthy skin from the inside out. Crepey skin repair treatment boosts collagen production, enhances skin cell turnover, fights free radicals, and reverses the damage that has already been done to the skin. The aloe vera heals and soothes damage from exposure to UV light, while ingredients like Sacha Inchi Nut Oil and Castor Oil provide essential fatty acids to help maintain skin elasticity.
2. Brighten Skin Texture
This skin repair treatment helps to brighten skin and delay signs of aging with ingredients like Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acids that treat dark spots and blemishes and remove dead skin cells, as well as cruelty-free honey that prevents signs of skin aging.
3. Increase Collagen Production
Collagen is important to protect the structural integrity of our skin and keep our skin from sagging. The Hyaluronic Acid in TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair promotes collagen synthesis that keeps the outer layer of skin strong and increases skin thickness.
4. Hydrate Your Skin
Our skin is the largest organ in our body, and good hydration is also essential for protecting the structural integrity of our skin. In addition to drinking plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated from the inside out, you should use a good face and body cream that will moisturize the outer layers of the skin, too. Moisturizing ingredients like Shea Oil, Olive Oil, and Apricot Oil nourish and hydrate the skin and protect natural moisture. Coconut oil is also an excellent moisturizer that has antibacterial properties to protect the skin's moisture.
5. Accelerate Cell Turnover
Our bodies are constantly shedding skin cells and producing new ones. This process plays an important part in healthy-looking skin, and helps improve the appearance of skin texture by removing dead skin cells and smoothing the outer layers of the skin. Skin cell turnover is critical in reducing the clinical signs of aging, so you should look for cosmetic products that contain ingredients like salicylic acid and hyaluronic acid that will remove skin roughness and accelerate cell turnover.
Tips for Preventing Crepey Skin
Although we can't stop the process of aging, there are some things we can do to promote healthy-looking skin.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. First and foremost, stay hydrated! Good hydration can help with so health issues, including skin aging. Aim to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Always use sun protection. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that we use sun protection every single day to reduce the chances of skin cancer, even when we aren't planning to be in the sun all day. Look for skin products that contain SPF, or mist with a facial sunscreen after using your daily skincare products and makeup.
- Find the right preventive skincare routine. Finally, be sure to use skin products that are right for your skin type. Look for active ingredients to meet your needs, and don't be afraid to try new products as you age and your skin care needs change.
If you need a great product to tackle crepey skin, try TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment for an all-natural product that has everything you need to increase elastin production and collagen synthesis and deeply hydrate your skin, visibly reducing the signs of skin aging.