Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
Here at TreeActiv, we wake up everyday and think about how we can make the best products possible. We believe in informed decision making, natural ingredients, taking care of our community, and doing our part to make the world a better place. We started this blog so that you can learn about what is really in our products and educate yourself on the benefits each ingredient has. In a world of so many chemical additives, fake substitutes, and artificial ingredients, we feel like a breath of fresh air to bring you products that are natural, all the way through. Read on to learn more about one of our ingredients - Vitamin C.
So, what is Vitamin C?Usually thought of as the first go-to for the common cold, Vitamin C is widely known for boosting your immune system. But it turns out that this water-soluble vitamin has an array of other important benefits to the body. Humans cannot synthesize Vitamin C, which means you need to get this vitamin from outside sources.
- Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant and helps to repair damaged cells and clear free radicals.
- Vitamin C is essential for the biosynthesis of collagen and concurrently plays a large role in wound healing.
- Vitamin C is great for your hair and helps to strengthen hair follicles while stimulating growth.
- Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron, which in turn leads to a better utilization of oxygen and helps you combat anemia and fatigue.
- Vitamin C promotes nail strength and even helps prevent hangnails.
- Vitamin C helps firm skin, even out fine lines, and help keep skin evenly moisturized - this is due to its ability to support collagen production.
Why Do We Use Vitamin C In TreeActiv Products?
With such a broad range of health benefits, Vitamin C is a no-brainer to include in our products. Vitamin C plays a role in healthy hair growth, youthful elasticity of skin, and helps your nails grow strong and beautiful.
TreeActiv Products That Contain Vitamin C:
Some Fun Facts about Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is the the reason citrus fruit have that delicious, tangy flavor.
Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and gooseberries.
Vitamin C is so beneficial that it is even found in mother’s milk.